Technical Communication - postgraduate studies
1 Year (2 semesters)
Language of studies:
DESCRIPTION OF THE STUDIES
Living in a time of digitalisation, we are all surrounded by industrial machines, vehicles, and home appliances. It is only inevitable that we eventually come across an instruction manual for such a device. The area of technical communication is all about translating the inaccessible, technical knowledge in such documents into a language that end-users can understand.
Vistula University is well aware of the needs of the market, which is on the lookout for technical writers, technical editors, technical documentation specialists, and documentalists, and this is why the Technical Communication (post-graduate level) programme has been established. The programme enables the graduates of English studies to develop their talents, and the graduates of engineering programmes, to effectively convey complicated technical information to customers and end-users.
Technical communication at Vistula University is the first programme in Poland offering practical training to work in the field. In addition, the graduates also receive the ITCQF certification (International Technical Communication Qualifications Foundation). It is a complex technical communication certification aimed at standardising the terminology, processes, and best practices, utilised by professionals worldwide.
Technical communication career opportunities are becoming more and more numerous as the market’s need for highly competent professionals keeps growing. The two semesters you will spend studying, will not only result in you obtaining the ITCQF certification, but will open up attractive employment prospects, as well.
CAREER AFTER STUDIES
As a graduate of this programme, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Create and publish various types of technical documentation.
- Collect information, format contents, review and publish various documents with the help of specialist tools.
- Manage projects and documentation teams, and create content publishing strategies.
- Utilise a number of basic techniques and tools used in professional information management.
- Technical Writer
- Technical Editor
- Technical Documentation Specialist
- User Assistance Specialist
- Technical Trainer
- Content Developer
Learn more about how to apply for the post-graduate programme, and join us as a student at Vistula University!
The curriculum of the Technical communication programme includes a large number of courses, due to its nature combining philological and technical competencies. It includes, amongst others, the basics of automation and usability, as well as preparing students for the ITCQF Foundation Level exam.
The programme has been tailored to a wide target audience, including:
- Holders of MA and BA (philology, communication), as well as MS and BS (with a good command of foreign languages) degrees.
- Candidates responsible for creating various types of documentation, instruction manuals, information and training materials, working in companies producing machines, appliances or software, working as: documentalists, technical documentation specialists, technical editors, technical writers, technical trainers, technical editors, content developers, user assistance specialists, etc.
- Testers, analysts, implementation specialists and other technology industry experts who would like to expand their knowledge, acquire new qualifications, and develop their skills in technical communication with external and internal customers.
- Co-ordinators and organisers of teams which create, publish, and maintain technical documentation and training programmes.
- Everyone with a keen interest in new technologies, who likes to work with foreign languages, and is looking for a well-paying job, as well as an easy entry into the world of technology.
Post-graduate programme admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis, so, if you want to develop your technical communication skills, apply today!
Dariusz is the originator and organiser of the programme. In collaboration with the experts of Testerzy.pl, he has developed the vision and curriculum of a post-graduate programme in software testing – a practical response to the needs of employers. He is a manager with more than ten years of experience in leading, international, functional and performance testing teams, as well as technical documentation and training teams. Telecommunication, embedded systems, production management – these are just some of the fields where he has assumed responsibility for the quality of the software, documentation, and technical training. He has employed and trained dozens of testers over the course of his career, and he enjoys meeting them in companies and at conferences – now test managers, experienced testers, or speakers.
He has worked for Comarch, Nokia, Motorola, Apriso, and Sabre. He currently works as an independent quality assurance, testing and technical communication consultant and trainer, whilst also operating his own company, providing test and technical documentation management services.
Dariusz is an experienced manager with many years of experience in leading international technical documentation teams, training programmes, and software tests. Telecommunication, embedded systems and production management are just some of the fields, where he has assumed responsibility for the quality of the software, documentation, and technical training. He has worked for Comarch, Nokia, Motorola, Apriso and Sabre. He is, currently, an independent technical communication, quality assurance and testing consultant and trainer.
Marcin Górski, MA
Marcin is a documentation team manager, as well as an independent technical communication consultant and trainer. He has worked in Tech Comm for nearly 10 years, creating technical documentation, organising training programmes, along with working in translation, and leading teams. He is the author of content management strategies for products, such as production control systems, business intelligence solutions, and mobile applications.
Michał Skowron, MA
Michał is a veteran technical communication and tech support specialist. Most recently, he has been busy creating comprehensive documentation for wireless network management systems, as well as the Internet of things, and platforms used for assembly lines. He has worked in both large and small enterprises, as an independent specialist, and as a member of a documentation team. His interests include tools used in documentation creation, and the automation of this process. He is, currently, a senior documentation specialist and technical communication trainer. Outside of work, he actively participates in initiatives aimed at promoting technical communication in Poland.
Vistula University post-graduate admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Post-graduate candidates must submit the following documents:
- application form – download,
- BA or MA programme diploma or copy,
- Identity card copy (the original for verification),
- 1 photograph (37×52 mm),
- Tuition confirmation of payment.
* please note that the programme will be cancelled if the number of applicants is insufficient.
The entire cost of tuition is: PLN 5,500
The tuition can be paid in a single instalment, or two instalments, one for each semester:
- PLN 2750 – 1st instalment to be paid before the start of the academic year.
- PLN 2750 – 2nd instalment to be paid before the start of the 2nd semester.
An advance on the tuition fee of PLN 200 must be paid before the 30th of September, 2017.
We offer a 10% discount for students who pay in a single instalment.
Cost of certificate: PLN 950
Bank Zachodni WBK – 61 1090 1694 0000 0001 1105 7177
payment 2017_2018 AFiBDownload
Contact to Admissions Office of Postgraduate Studies Center
dr Roman Fulneczek, prof. nadzw. AFiB Vistula
Director of Center for Postgraduate Political Studies and Trainings