- About the University
- News and events
- University Authorities
- University Structure
- Important Documents
- Double diploma
- Confucius Classroom
- Our projects
- Virtual Tour
- About the Competition
- Competition Jury
Due to the current epidemic situation and prevailing restrictions, the date of The “Vistula Compasses” Gala has been postponed until the 17th of September, 2020.
The “Vistula Compasses” Competition is organized by the Vistula School of Hospitality. It is addressed to Polish and foreign graduates of the following universities:
- Vistula School of Hospitality;
- Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management;
- Warsaw University of Tourism, Food and Hospitality;
- Mieczyslaw Orlowicz College of Tourism and Recreation;
- College of Tourism and Hotel Management in Łódź;
- Vistula University – the faculty of Tourism and Recreation;
- Higher School of Economics and Information – the faculty of Tourism and Recreation.
The aim of the Competition is to select University graduates who have achieved significant success in the professional field related to the broadly understood tourist industry, in business activity in such sectors as: hospitality and HORECA, event management, sport and recreation management or other. Those persons are the University’s best ambassadors. Their professional achievements are a measure of our success, proof of high quality education and practical preparation.
The “Vistula Compasses” awards are granted in two categories:
The Jury may create additional categories of awards in a given year and award one prize per each new category
Application to the “Vistula Compasses” Competition is a two-step process.
- Candidate application – graduates may apply in person or their candidacy may be submitted by third parties, other graduates, lecturers, employers.
- Nomination acceptance – the nominated person sends the final application.
Assessment of candidates, selection of the finalists and winners of the “Vistula Compasses” Competition is conducted by the Jury appointed by the Vistula School of Hospitality Rector. The Jury consists of:
- Magdalena Kondas, Editor-in-Chief – MeetingPlanner.pl – Chairman
- Edyta Brykała, Managing Director – Life Institute
- Marta Chmielewska, Board Chairman – Events Industry Association, Board Chairman – Mea Group
- Joanna Gorczyca, Director of the Prevention Office & CSR – PZU
- Anna Jaglińska, PR Manager – Vistula School of Hospitality
- Aleksandra Komosińska, Human Resources Executive Hotel Bristol, A Luxury Collection Hotel
- Karolina Stępniak, Editor-in-Chief – Świat Hoteli, horecanet.pl, Publishing Director, Co-owner – Brog B2B
- Bartłomiej Szmajdziński, Talent & Culture HR Director for Poland and Baltic States – Orbis SA
- Ireneusz Węgłowski, President of the Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry, Vice President of the Management Board of Orbis SA
- Anna Woda, Deputy Manager – Copernicus Science Centre
- Jolanta Żyśko, Rector of Vistula School of Hospitality
- Krzysztof Celuch, Rector’s Proxy for Cooperation with the Socio-economic Environment of Vistula School of Hospitality
The “Vistula Compasses” Competition nominees:
“Vistula Compasses” 2020
- Manager Category –
- Entrepreneur Category –