- About the University
- News and events
- University Authorities
- University Structure
- Important Documents
- Double diploma
- Confucius Classroom
- Our projects
- Virtual Tour
The PMI Global Accreditation Centre for Project Management Education Programmes (GAC) is a leading, independent, specialised academic accreditation body in the field of project management, as well as study programmes offered by higher education institutions – at the levels of under-graduate, post-graduate, and doctoral studies. PMI GAC’s mission is to constantly improve the quality of education, and the main goal is to ensure that accredited programmes fully prepare qualified specialists.
PMI GAC supports change and progress, both in the discipline of project management, and in the profession itself. Graduates of accredited programmes can be confident that they will have the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve professional success.
PMI GAC is a member of the Association of Specialised and Professional Auditors (ASPA), which develops the knowledge, skills, good practices, and ethical principles of audit experts, as a way to improve the quality of education.
Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) – is the largest organised network, connecting the UN with higher education institutions, in the fields of business and management. It was founded in 2007, as a platform to raise the profile of sustainable development in schools, and to educate responsible leaders of the future. According to UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, this task has never been so important before. – Bold leadership and innovative thinking are urgently needed to achieve Sustainable Development Goals – he emphasises.
Six PRME principles:
- to develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society, at large, and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy;
- to incorporate academic curricula and organisational practices, consistent with the values of global social responsibility, presented in international initiatives, such as the United Nations Global Compact;
- to create educational frameworks, materials, processes, and the environment that enables effective learning experiences for responsible leadership;
- to engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental, and economic value;
- to interact with managers of business corporations, to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities, and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting those challenges;
- to facilitate and support dialogue and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organisations, and other interested groups and stakeholders, on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
Business and management schools, including Vistula University and Vistula School of Hospitality, play a key role in shaping the thinking and skills of future leaders. They can be a powerful engine for the sustainable development of companies and entire economies.
The Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland (CRASP) is a representative body of the academic and scientific community. It was established in 1997 by rectors of Polish universities having authorisation to confer doctoral degrees in at least one discipline. Currently, the Conference gathers rectors of 108 higher education institutions, including 12 private universities. 9 schools have the status of associated universities.
The primary objective of CRASP is to inspire and coordinate the cooperation of member universities, as well as to represent the common interests of academic schools. The Conference undertakes actions aimed at creating an effective and integrated national education system and works towards the development of higher education, science and culture. The Conference of Rectors of Academic Schools in Poland safeguards traditional academic values, including the principles of professional ethics, responsibility and the constitutional principle of the autonomy of higher education institutions, guaranteeing them the right to determine their own position on all matters of interest to the academic community. CRASP in particular:
- raise with public authorities any matters of major importance to higher education, research and culture, and those of importance to the academic environment;
- give opinions on its own initiative and submit proposals in all matters concerning higher education, research and culture.
HR Excellence in Research
HR Excellence in Research is a prestigious award granted by the European Commission as part of the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers strategy, aimed at increasing the attractiveness of working conditions and career development of researchers in the EU. The logo of HR Excellence in Research is awarded to European R&D institutions (e.g. research institutes, universities, enterprises) and research funding organizations that provide researchers with the best working conditions and transparent recruitment processes in accordance with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for recruiting researchers. Both documents outline the need to create good and stable working conditions for scientists at every stage of their professional path.
The HR Excellence in Research logo has the following benefits for its holders:
- increased the prestige of the university;
- improved attractiveness of employment at the university;
- rewarding in international grant competitions of the European Commission in the field of scientific research and innovation;
- rewarding in national grant competitions of the National Science Centre and the National Centre for Research and Development;
- rewarding in competitions and funding programs for the Ministry of Science and Higher Education;
- rewarding during the evaluation conducted by the Committee for the Evaluation of Scientific Units;
- the right to place advertisements on the EURAXESS European recruitment platform.
The HR Excellence in Research logo is not awarded for an indefinite time. The awarded institutions are subject to the control of the European Commission every two years.
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the largest and fastest growing international organization of specialists in finance and accounting offering globally recognized qualifications for those who want to build their careers in this area.
ACCA’s objective is also to share knowledge, promote high professional, ethical and management standards, and support the public interest. To this end, the organization cooperates with the best universities and public institutions around the world.
ACCA supports over 200,000 members and over 500,000 students in 180 countries. There are 2,000 ACCA members in Poland, and another 4,000 students are on their way to obtain qualifications.
Studies at a university having an ACCA accredited study program allow not only to obtain a diploma from a reputable university, but above all to expand academic knowledge with comprehensive and practical knowledge in the field of finance, accounting and management.
Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN) founded in 1993, is aimed at improving the quality of management education in Central and Eastern Europe. Currently, the organization covers the whole world, forming a global network of institutions interested in the quality of education and innovative solutions in this area, as well as in a broadly understood question of change. The organization’s activity led to establishing the International Quality Accreditation (IQA), which can be applied for by business schools and other institutions dealing with the development of management.
CEEMAN undertakes the following activities:
- work towards establishing international quality standards in management education;
- promoting the principles of responsible management education;
- supporting transition processes and changes;
- encouraging respect for diversity and culture;
- supporting innovation, creativity and a holistic approach to management development.
CEEMAN provides a network for the exchange of experiences and a meeting place for various organizations dealing with business development and management in order to improve cooperation in the area of:
- school organization and management;
- research projects and programmes;
- exchange of students as well as academic and administrative staff;
- organization of conferences, debates and meetings.
European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) is a global association of business schools based in Brussels and a recognized body accrediting quality in management education.
It brings together over 900 institutions and over 30,000 experts from academic, business and public administration sectors in 91 countries. The Foundation’s members include the best business universities in Europe and in the world. EFMD is a forum for the exchange of information and debates on innovation, research and best management practices. It awards the EQUIS, EPAS and EDAF accreditation for business schools, curricula and business programmes.
Through its network of members, EFMD supports and promotes:
- exchange of innovative ideas and practices between institutions and organizations related to development, training and education in the area of management;
- dialogue related to the current achievements in the field of management development and the funds allocated for that purpose;
- provision of relevant data, information and practices, encouraging the use of the best measures in management development;
- intensified cooperation between educational institutions and representatives of the public and private sectors, through contact and cooperation in joint projects;
- continuous improvement of the quality of management institutions through international evaluation and analysis as well as supporting teacher training and development of training materials;
- characteristics and analysis of the European approach to development and management education, and sharing applications with partners around the world.
IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence is an international non-profit association created in October 2009 with the aim of improving the quality of international and national university rankings. Given the growing importance of rankings in the educational choices of university candidates and in government financial decisions in the field of higher education, the association adopted assumptions and principles of auditing (on a voluntary basis) of major world rankings with respect to their compliance with the necessary methodological requirements.
IREG Observatory brings together ranking institutions, universities and organizations interested in university rankings and academic excellence. Its purpose is to strengthen public awareness and understanding of a number of issues related to university rankings and academic excellence. The association is registered in Brussels and its secretariat is located in Warsaw.
Director of International Marketing and Recruitment
tel. +48 501 294 962
(cooperation with recruitment agencies and institutions)
International Admission Coordinator
tel.: +48 502 603 174
(cooperation with recruitment agencies)