The Science and Research Center of the Vistula University invites you on November the 25th to the scientific conference “Dilemmas of sustainable development of the Polish economy and finance in the global environment”.
Since the year 1990, we have been witnessing worldwide crises and deep structural transformations taking place in the global economy.
The liberalization of international transfers of goods, services and capital as well as the creation of global value chains, with the participation of transnational corporations, were essential channels and tools for globalization and reduction of production costs on an international scale.
The outbreak of the global financial crisis and its effects have accelerated the collapse of the neoliberal development paradigm, increasing social inequalities and increasing aversion to globalization.
Protectionist and isolationist sentiments have intensified on a European and global scale, which in turn may lead to trade and currency wars and deterioration of the economic and social situation in both developing and emerging market economies as well as in developed countries. It may also further aggravate the growing regional and global problems related to climate change, population migration and environmental pollution.
A new wave of technological innovations in the industry and other sectors of the economy such as, among others, financial services and the emerging new forms of employment, while opening up new possibilities, may also bring social, economic and political challenges for the sustainable economic development of the world, Europe and Poland.
What will be the impact of these changes and crises on the situation of the Polish economy and finances? Participants of the scientific conference will try to answer this question.
Registration: 9.30 am – 10.00 am
Conference opening: 10.00 am – 10.15 am
Professor Wawrzyniec Konarski, PhD, Rector of the Vistula University
Session 1: Long-term trends and scenarios for the development of the global economy 10.15 am – 12.00 am
1. Prof. Juliusz Kotyński, Vistula University: “Global transformations and tendencies to slow down the development of the world economy”.
2. Wojciech Hübner, PhD, Vistula University: “Globalization and interdependence of the global system with China’s new position and strategy”.
3. Prof. Franciszek Kubiczek: “China in the light of international comparisons based on socio-economic indexes”.
Discussion: 11.20 am – 12.00 am
Coffee break & networking: 12.00 am – 12.30 am
Session 2: Problems of stability and development of the financial system in Poland in the global environment 12.30 am – 3.00 pm
1. Mirosław Błażej, Central Statistical Office of Poland: “Macroeconomic situation in Poland in 2018-2019 against the background of processes taking place in the global economy”.
2. Mirosław Bojańczyk, PhD, Vistula University: “Threats to the Polish economy resulting from excessive indebtedness of the state and enterprises”.
3. Michał Kruszka, PhD, Polish Financial Supervision Authority, “Macro-prudential supervision over the financial market”.
4. Tomasz Smus, PhD, Blockchain Alliance: “Development and application of new technologies in finance in Poland, on the example of Blockchain Alliance”.
5. Hubert Gąsiński, PhD: “From transactional to relational banking”.
Discussion: 2.30 pm – 3.00 pm
Summary and closing of the conference: 3.00 pm – 3.10 pm
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
An electronic application is required before November 15th, 2019:
We cordially invite all interested parties
on November the 25th, 2019, at 10:00 am, Senate Hall No. 21
02-787 Warsaw, Stokłosy 3
Additional information: Vistula University Science Department – 22 4572 401