The project on the impact of the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) on foreign direct investment (FDI) in the Visegrád countries (“Effects of Industry 4.0 on FDI in the Visegrád countries”) is slowly coming to an end. We invite you to a conference summarising the main stages of research conducted within the framework of this grant, by a team of eight partners from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia and Poland. The event will take place on-line on October the 5th at 10:00 am.
- 10:00 – 10:10 am – introduction of the project and the participants – Marta Götz, PhD, Magdolna Sass, PhD
- 10:10 – 10:30 am – Hungarian SMEs and digital transformation in the SME sector – Balázs Tordai – Association for Digital Economy
- 10:30 – 11:00 am – Slovakian experiences with Industry 4.0 and FDI – Andrea Zacharova, Sonia Ferenciková
- 11:10 – 11:40 am – Czechia, FDI and Industry 4.0, Jana Vlčková
- 11:40 – 12:10 am – Industry 4.0 and FDI in Hungary – Andrea Éltető, dr Magdolna Sass
- 12:10 – 12:40 am – Effects of Industry 4.0 on FDI in Poland, Marta Götz, PhD
Effects of Industry 4.0 on FDI in the Visegrád countries is a scientific project supported by the International Visegrad Fund (IVF) and coordinated by the Vistula University. This project aims to demonstrate how Industry 4.0, which brings efficiency gains, innovation, agility, cost reduction, revenue growth and better customer service, affects the Visegrad Group countries as a popular target region for foreign direct investment (FDI).
FDI has contributed significantly to the economic success and development of the V4 contries in the post-transition period. The challenges faced today by Visegrad countries in the area of FDI are largely similar – employee shortage, wage increases, and low digitization of enterprises. At the same time, V4 countries compete intensively for FDI projects in specific industries.
The aim of the Effects of Industry 4.0 on FDI in the Visegrád countries project is to explore the likely impact of I.40 on FDI flowing to V4 region and formulate tentative recommendations about how to shape the future policy towards FDI in terms of attracting and maintaining foreign investors.
We invite you to participate in the conference
On October the 5th, 2020 at 10:00 am
Link to the project website: https://industry40fdi.wordpress.com/
Please click the link below to join the Zoom webinar: https://zoom.us/j/91273513477