The ’Vistula Compasses’ competition for graduates of the Vistula School of Hospitality and its predecessors, has entered a decisive phase. The Jury has selected this year’s finalists. In the Manager category, for which the partner is the Chamber of Commerce of the Polish Hotel Industry, these are:
- Karolina Aleksandra Jaworska – a graduate of BA studies in Business Tourism at the Vistula University (2012); she presently holds the position of Junior Service Manager at the Puro Warszawa Centrum Hotel;
- Agnieszka Markiewicz – a graduate of BA studies in Tourism and Recreation at the Vistula University (2015); at present, she is a Senior Specialist in the Marketing Purchasing Department at Polkomtel Sp. z o.o.;
- Paulina Zawadzka – a graduate of BA studies in Tourism and Recreation at the University of Economics and Information Technology (2011); currently, she is the Head of the Sales Department of Conferences and Banquets at Crowne Plaza – Warsaw.
In the Entrepreneur category, for which the partner is MPI Poland, the International Association of Meeting Organisers, the Jury of the competition selected the following finalists:
- Aleksandra Dubieniecka – a graduate of MA studies in Business Tourism at the University of Economics and Information Technology (2009), she is the owner and manager of hotel and catering facilities in Ustka;
- Mateusz Herdzina – a graduate of BA and MA studies in Tourism and Recreation – Organisation and Management of Business Events at the Warsaw School of Tourism and Recreation (2017); currently, he is the Founder & CEO of the ’Packed and Shipped’ company;
- Agata Pemberton – a graduate of BA and MA studies in: Organisation and the Management of Business Events at the Warsaw School of Tourism and Recreation (2015); she currently co-owns Kos, the European Bartender School, the only outdoor bartending learning establishment in the world to offer a complete package of services, without leaving the location, is a franchise of the global brand, the European Bartender School.
The competition winners will be announced on April the 8th, 2021 at 6:00 pm, during the virtual gala accompanying the Global Meetings Industry Day, 2021.
View the live-stream:
The aim of the Competition is to select University graduates, who have achieved significant success in the professional field related to the broadly understood tourist industry, in business activities within such sectors as: hospitality and HORECA, event management, sport, recreation management, or others. These nominated finalists are the University’s ‘best ambassadors’. Their professional achievements are a measure of our success, proof of high-quality education and practical preparation. They have the enthusiasm and potential that will allow the industry to bounce back and develop, dynamically. It is they who will be showing the way after the pandemic.
The initiator of ’Vistula Compasses’ is the Business Council, which includes entrepreneurs from the tourism industry and trade journalists.
All information about the ’Vistula Compasses’ competition can be found on the university’s website.