Over 150 debates, meetings, and accompanying events with the participation of the most important personalities from the world of science, politics, business, economics, and local government. On April the 25th-27th, 2022, the 14th European Economic Congress will be held in Katowice. The Vistula Group of Universities is again the institutional partner of this largest business event in Central and Eastern Europe.
The European Economic Congress in Katowice is a forum for debate on the future of the European and Polish economies. Participation in the event has been announced by EU commissioners, Representatives of European governments, Presidents of the largest companies, Scientists, and Practitioners.
The programme of this year’s conference was dictated by Russia’s aggression against Ukraine. Debates, presentations, and speeches will take place on five main themes:
- war in Europe – a plan for Ukraine;
- green transformation and reconstruction of the economy;
- global trade and geopolitics;
- learning and competences in a changing world.
Debate participants will look for answers to the questions of whether Russia’s isolation may be an impulse for actions that will change the energy sector; how the war in Ukraine will affect disrupted supply chains; and how to increase business resilience to pandemic and war-induced perturbations. Experts and practitioners will also discuss the impact of the war on finances, the capital market environment, inflation, and the propensity to invest.
The Vistula Group of Universities, which is the institutional partner of the event, has the ambition to make a significant contribution to this important debate, to let the voice of its experts resound loudly, drawing conclusions from science for practice, and enrich science with practice. Due to its profile, Vistula is naturally pre-destined to influence the wider socio-economic environment. Its scientists are trying to focus their activity on the currently occurring phenomena defined as ‘great challenges’. They can set directions for development, point to threats, and suggest solutions. This strengthens the role of the university as a socially important institution.
Vistula’s experts are the originators and participants of several debates that will take place during the 14th European Economic Congress:
- April 25th, 2022, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – ‘Polish-German economic relations’ – the discussion will be moderated by Marcin Antosiewicz, Vistula University.
- April 25th, 2022, from 4:30 p.m. – 6.00 p.m. – ‘Euro – advantages and fears’ – the discussion will be moderated by Bartłomiej E. Nowak, PhD;
- April 25th, 2022, from 4:30 p.m. – 6.00 p.m. – ‘Women as leaders – women in business’ – the discussion will be moderated by Joanna Burnos, Vistula University, founder of LEADERIS Institute, a member of the advisory board, The Alliance Of Her;
- April 26th, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – ‘Green investments and their financing’ – the discussion will be attended by Colin Lewis, PhD, Vistula University, CEO of Vistula Sustainable Business Academy;
- April 26th, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – ‘The future of a common Europe’ – the debate will be moderated by Bartłomiej E. Nowak, PhD, Vistula University;
- April 26th, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – ‘Meetings industry’ – the discussion will be moderated by Magdalena Kondas, President of the VSH Business Council, and among the participants will be Krzysztof Celuch, PhD, the Rector’s Proxy for Co-operation with the Socio-economic Environment;
- April 26th, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – ‘Europe in the global market’ – the moderator will be Małgorzata Bonikowska, PhD, president of Center for International Relations, and the THINKTANK center, Vistula University;
- April 26th, 2022, from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – ‘Disinformation’ – the discussion will be led by Agnieszka Legucka, PhD, Vistula University;
- April 27th, 2022, from 1:.30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – ‘Tourism and the hotel industry’ – the discussion will be attended by: Rafał Szmytke, Vice-Rector of VSH, and Piotr Tatara, Director of the Institute of Tourism at VSH;
- April 27th, 2022, from 1:.30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – ‘Green education’ – the discussion will be moderated by Małgorzata Leśniak-Johann, PhD, WSH in Wrocław, and the participants will be Marta Drozdowska, PhD, Vice-Rector for Science and International Co-operation at WSH in Wrocław;
The debates will also be available on the Internet.