Tourism Education of the Future – a comprehensive program to improve the quality of teaching process management and teaching quality at the Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
The Warsaw School of Tourism and Hospitality Management has launched a new project aimed at improving the quality and effectiveness of education and management processes at the University. The project was co-financed by the European Union to the amount of PLN 6 936 740.66.
The project assumes:
• Development and implementation of a new education program in the field of lifestyle coaching for 40 students;
• Implementation of training for students (IT, project management, accounting, payroll and HR, fixed asset records), teaching staff (in the field of attracting students to classes, conducting classes in a new language, soft skills necessary in a multicultural environment, modern pedagogical methods) and management and administrative staff (in the field of university
management, university funding);
• Organization of domestic and international internships for students;
• Setting up an employee portal supporting the process of effective human resource management;
• Setting up a laboratory platform supporting the knowledge and information management process at the University.
We assume achieving specific goals:
• increasing the availability of new education programs adapted to socio-economic needs;
• improving students’ competences;
• supporting education and management processes at the University.
The project is addressed to students, teaching staff as well as management and administrative staff.
The participants of the project will be:
• persons who want to start second degree full-time studies in a new field: lifestyle coaching;
• University students of the last four years of their studies in the field of Tourism and Recreation as well as Dietetics, who want to increase their analytical, IT, professional, communication and entrepreneurial skills;
• University students of the last two semesters in the field of Tourism and Recreation, who want to gain practical competences through participation in internships;
• University’s research and teaching staff who complete training to improve teaching skills;
• University’s management and administration staff who complete trainings raising managerial competences.
Project implementation period: April 1, 2018 – March 31, 2022.