Audit and Internal Control in Administration and the Economy - postgraduate studies
1 Year (2 semesters)
Language of studies:
Working as an auditor requires extensive specialist knowledge. Auditors are often graduates of management, law, administration, or economy programmes. Why these particular programmes? This is because their studies allow them to familiarise themselves with the profession’s intricacies. However, becoming an internal auditor, a person who is responsible for assessing the condition of the management system and its performance, requires significantly broader knowledge. This knowledge will be available to you, if you choose our post-graduate programme in Audit and Internal Control in Administration and the Economy.
We welcome, not only university graduates, but also government and local administration officials, and corporate sector employees, as well.
The two-semester programme will teach you how to assess risk and select the appropriate methodology to perform internal audits. This methodology involves preparing, carrying out and reporting auditing tasks, as well as external (managerial) control systems of an organisation. In addition to the particular aspects of the profession, you will acquire knowledge of financial, administrative, economic, and civil law. All this, along with the aim of enabling you to start your professional career after graduation.
Every graduate of Audit and Internal Control in Administration and the Economy receives:
- A post-graduate programme certificate.
- A Level 2 Internal Auditor Certificate, issued by the Polish Internal Controls Institute (Polski Instytut Kontroli Wewnętrznej, PIKW), confirming your readiness to work as an internal auditor. You will also be entered into the National List of Professional Auditors and Internal Controllers (Krajowa Lista Profesjonalnych Audytorów i Kontrolerów Wewnętrznych, KLPAiKW).
Every auditor on the list receives continuous professional support from PIKW’s Curriculum Council. This means that, should you encounter problematic cases in your professional career, you will always have someone to turn to for advice and support.
CAREER AFTER STUDIES
As a graduate of this programme, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Identify and monitor the processes occurring in the entity, including assessing whether the accepted procedures are being implemented and carried out.
- Describe processes.
- Collect documentation and data on these processes and, in particular, the information related to the internal control system.
- Carry out preliminary process reviews.
- Create audit and internal control plans.
- Carry out audits (carrying out assessment tasks).
- Compile results and guidelines for the audited entity’s management, aimed at ensuring the correctness of its financial and professional activities.
- Create audit and control task reports.
- Supervise other auditors and controllers.
- Internal auditor
- Internal auditor
- Internal audit specialist
- Internal control specialist
- Audit and corporate supervision department inspector
Learn more about how to apply for the post-graduate programme, and join us as a student at Vistula University!
The curriculum of the Audit and Internal Control in Administration and the Economy programme has been designed to best prepare its graduates for employment as an internal auditor. Our team of specialists is responsible for teaching you theoretical knowledge and practical skills. The faculty comprises experienced Vistula University teachers and researchers. The courses are also taught by practising internal auditors and experts from the PIKW.
Post-graduate programme admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’, so, if you want to become an internal auditor, apply today!
Dr Anna Maria Wiśniewska
Anna is Vice Dean of the Faculty of Business and International Relations. She is the curriculum supervisor of the post-graduate programme in Audit and Internal Control in Administration and the Economy. A graduate of a post-graduate programme in market management, she teaches financing businesses, venture capital, financial innovations, and the basics of management. Anna is the author of numerous publications on management, controlling, small and medium enterprises and their financing, as well as corporate ethics.
Vistula University post-graduate admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’. Post-graduate candidates must submit the following documents:
- application form – download,
- BA or MA programme diploma or copy,
- Identity card copy (the original for verification),
- 1 photograph (37×52 mm),
- Tuition confirmation of payment..
The entire cost of tuition is: PLN 5,600
The tuition can be paid in a single instalment, or two instalments, one for each semester:
- PLN 2300 – 1st instalment to be paid before the start of the academic year.
- PLN 2300 – 2nd instalment to be paid before the start of the 2nd semester.
An advance on the tuition fee of PLN 200 must be paid before the 30th of September, 2017.
We offer a 10% discount for students who pay in a single instalment.
Santander Bank Polska – 61 1090 1694 0000 0001 1105 7177
Regulations of Postgraduate studiesDownload