English in Business and Finance
1 Year (2 semesters)
Language of studies:
Fluent command of a foreign language is an enormous advantage on the job market, even moreso if you are a holder of certificates confirming your skills. English has long since become the language of business, and skilful usage of its specialist terminology opens the door to international development opportunities. The English in Business and Finance programme will help you in your current and future professional career, in areas such as accounting, banking, and finance.
This programme is ideal for all those who are already active in this sector, and want to take their career onto the international stage. If you aspire to venture beyond Polish accounts and clients, English in Business and Finance is a perfect opportunity to gain specialist language knowledge, and use it to attain success.
CAREER AFTER STUDIES
As a graduate of this programme, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Understand documents, containing specialist terminology from the fields of accounting, banking, and finance.
- Conduct business correspondence related to the fields of accounting, banking, and finance.
- Navigate international business environments.
- Conduct meetings, as well as preparing and performing presentations.
- International accounting specialist.
- Mid-level banking manager with a good command of English
Learn more about how to apply for a post-graduate programme, and join us as a student at Vistula University!
The curriculum of the English in Business and Finance programme has been designed with practical applications in mind. 200 hours of classes include – in addition to lectures – workshops aimed at interactive learning, as well as seminars dedicated to particular case studies.
Learn more about the material taught in the English in Business and Finance post-graduate programme:
- Accounting terminology.
- Banking terminology.
- Financial terminology.
- Conducting business correspondence related to the fields of accounting, banking, and finance.
- Creating and performing presentations.
- Conducting meetings.
- Accounting, banking, and finance in the EU.
- Global financial market, its instruments and institutions.
- Aspects of financial supervision.
Post-graduate programme admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’, so, if you want to develop your language skills, apply today!
Maciej Ganczar, PhD
Translator, author of language teaching publications, including the teaching of business and medical English, and business, legal and medical German. Currently, the Studies’ Supervisor of post-graduate philology programmes at the Faculty of Modern Languages of Vistula University.
- Ministry of National Education Expert on foreign language textbooks.
- Former lecturer at the University College of German Language Teacher Education of the University of Warsaw, the Medical University of Warsaw, the Department of Specialist Languages of the University of Warsaw, and Università del Salento w Lecce (Italy).
- Member of the Mitteleuropäischer Germanistenverband and the International Hermann Broch Working Group (Internationaler Arbeitskreis Hermann Broch) in Washington.
The courses are taught by experienced Vistula University lecturers, practitioners with long records of work, who specialise in teaching the language of business, as well as sworn and specialised translations.
Vistula University post-graduate admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Post-graduate candidates must submit the following documents:
- application form – download,
- 1st or 2nd cycle programme diploma or copy,
- Identity card copy (the original for verification),
- 1 photograph (37×52 mm),
- Tuition confirmation of payment.
The entire cost of tuition is: PLN 3,150.
The tuition can be paid in a single instalment, or in two instalments, one for each semester:
- PLN 1,600 – 1st instalment to be paid before the start of the academic year
- PLN 1,600 – 2nd instalment to be paid before the start of the 2nd semester.
An advance on the tuition fee of PLN 200 must be paid before the 30th of September, 2017.
Santander Bank Polska – 61 1090 1694 0000 0001 1105 7177
payment 2017_2018 AFiBDownload