Foreign Language Teaching Methodology - postgraduate studies
Post-graduate programmes are a perfect opportunity to acquire additional qualifications and gain new knowledge. The Foreign language teaching methodology programme has been designed for all those who would like to become foreign language teachers, but do not yet possess the teaching qualifications required by the regulations of the Ministry of National Education.
Vistula University meets these needs with its three-semester study programme, available for everyone with at least a Bachelor’s degree, and a C1 command of a foreign language. This is a necessary requirement for enrolment.
This programme involves 150 hours of internships, aimed at best preparing you to teach a foreign language. After graduating, you will obtain the necessary formal qualifications to work as a foreign language teacher.
CAREER AFTER STUDIES
As a graduate of this programme, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Effectively and efficiently teach foreign languages.
- Implement the latest trends in language teaching methodology.
- Work as a foreign language teacher (obtaining the necessary formal qualifications).
- Foreign language teacher
Learn more about how to apply for the post-graduate programme, and join us as a student at Vistula University!
The curriculum of the Foreign language teaching methodology programme has been designed to effectively teach students best practices when it comes to language teaching.
Learn more about the material taught in the English in Foreign language teaching methodology post-graduate programme
- Introduction to glottodidactics
- Foreign language teaching methodology
- Introduction to psychology
- Introduction to pedagogy
- Pedagogy in foreign language teaching
- Information technologies
- Scientific analysis of textbooks for teaching foreign languages
- Education law
- Vocal pedagogy
- MA seminar
- Teaching internship – 150 hours
Post-graduate programme admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’, so, if you want to develop your language skills, apply today!
Maciej Ganczar, PhD
Translator, author of language teaching publications, including the teaching of business and medical English, and business, legal and medical German. He is currently, the Studies’ Supervisor of post-graduate philology programmes at the Faculty of Modern Languages of Vistula University.
- Ministry of National Education Expert on foreign language textbooks.
- Former lecturer at the University College of German Language Teacher Education of the University of Warsaw, the Medical University of Warsaw, and the Department of Specialist Languages of the University of Warsaw and Università del Salento in Lecce (Italy).
- Member of the Mitteleuropäischer Germanistenverband and the International Hermann Broch Working Group (Internationaler Arbeitskreis Hermann Broch) in Washington.
Vistula University post-graduate admissions are conducted on a ’first-come, first-served basis’. Post-graduate candidates must submit the following documents:
- application form – download,
- BA or MA programme diploma or copy,
- Identity card copy (the original for verification),
- 1 photograph (37×52 mm),
- Tuition confirmation of payment.
The entire cost of tuition is: PLN 4,150
The tuition can be paid in a single instalment, or two instalments, one for each semester:
- PLN 2100 – 1st instalment to be paid before the start of the academic year.
- PLN 2100 – 2nd instalment to be paid before the start of the 2nd semester.
We offer a 10% discount for students who pay in a single instalment.
An advance on the tuition fee of PLN 200 must be paid before the 30th of September, 2017.
Santander Bank Polska – 61 1090 1694 0000 0001 1105 7177
Regulations of Postgraduate studiesDownload