Teaching Polish as a Foreign Language - postgraduate studies
1 Year (2 semesters)
Language of studies:
DESCRIPTION OF THE STUDIES
Polish is considered to be one of the most difficult languages in the world to master. It is no wonder that it is so – after all, in addition to being beautiful, it is also incredibly complex and malleable. By studying Teaching Polish as a Foreign Language at post-graduate level, you will learn how to effectively explain the intricacies of Polish to foreign learners.
This programme is perfect for those teachers who want to broaden their professional prospects, but it is also great for students who have only just set out on their journey to becoming a teacher.
To become accepted as a student of the Methodology of teaching Polish as a foreign language post-graduate programme, you must be a university diploma holder (BA or higher), as well as having an A2/B2 command of a foreign language.
Over the course of two semesters, you will learn the latest trends in language teaching methodology, supplement your education, and obtain all the formal qualifications necessary to work as a teacher of Polish as a foreign language. This is our business approach, for which Vistula University is so renowned – being the ‘best in practice’.
CAREER AFTER STUDIES
As a graduate of this programme, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Effectively and efficiently teach Polish.
- Implement the latest trends in language teaching methodology.
- Work as a teacher of Polish as a foreign language (obtaining the necessary formal qualifications).
- Polish language teacher in schools for foreign learners.
Learn more about how to apply for the post-graduate programme, and join us as a student at Vistula University!
The programme is taught in collaboration with the Polish School for Foreign Learners, and is two semesters long. It meets the latest requirements for language teaching, as well as MEN and MNiSW regulations, regarding the standards of education of foreign language teachers.
The programme consists of 256 hours of classes in total, as well as a 60-hour teaching internship.
At Vistula University, practical applications of taught material come first, and so the classes most often assume the form of workshops and seminars.
Material taught in the Methodology of teaching Polish as a foreign language post-graduate programme:
- Polish language stylistics,
- Methodology of teaching Polish as a foreign language,
- Cultural aspects of teaching Polish as a foreign language,
- Information technologies,
- Education law,
- Scientific analysis of textbooks for teaching Polish as a foreign language,
- Vocal pedagogy,
- Teaching internship – 60 hours.
Post-graduate programme admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis, so if you want to develop your language skills, apply today!
Maciej Ganczar, PhD
Translator, author of language teaching publications, including the teaching of business and medical English, and business, legal and medical German. Currently, the Studies’ Supervisor of post-graduate philology programmes at the Faculty of Modern Languages of Vistula University.
- Ministry of National Education Expert on foreign language textbooks.
- Former lecturer at the University College of German Language Teacher Education of the University of Warsaw, the Medical University of Warsaw, and the Department of Specialist Languages of the University of Warsaw, and Università del Salento w Lecce (Italy).
- Member of the Mitteleuropäischer Germanistenverband and the International Hermann Broch Working Group (Internationaler Arbeitskreis Hermann Broch) in Washington.
Our lecturers are experienced certified teachers and lecturers, authors of teaching materials, OKE examiners, MEN experts on textbooks. Vocal pedagogy classes are taught by an accomplished opera singer, Dr. Ewelina Chrobak-Hańska.
Vistula University post-graduate admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Post-graduate candidates must submit the following documents:
- application form – download,
- BA or MA programme diploma or copy,
- Identity card copy (the original for verification),
- 1 photograph (37×52 mm),
- Advance confirmation of payment.
The entire cost of tuition is PLN 3,150.
The tuition can be paid in a single instalment, or two instalments, one for each semester:
- PLN 1,600 – 1st instalment to be paid before the start of the academic year.
- PLN 1,600 – 2nd instalment to be paid before the start of the 2nd semester.
We offer a 10% discount for students who pay in a single instalment.
An advance on the tuition fee of PLN 200 must be paid before the 30th of September, 2017.
Santander Bank Polska – 61 1090 1694 0000 0001 1105 7177