Road Transport Manager - postgraduate studies
1 Year (2 semesters)
Language of studies:
If you have ever thought about managing a company or establishing your own business, dealing in the road transportation of goods and people, then the Road Transport Manager programme will help you obtain a professional road transport certificate. Once armed with the certificate in hand, you will be able to provide transport services, both domestically and internationally.
The programme is supported by the Main Inspectorate of Road Transport, and provides students with the expert knowledge necessary, for a legal and definitive career in road transport. Over the course of two semesters, you will become familiar with the provisions of civil, trade, and labour law, as well as social provisions for drivers in transport, tax law, and in addition to the financial aspects of managing a company, road safety and, in particular, the new EU road carrier requirements.
As a graduate of the road transport manager post-graduate programme, you will possess extensive knowledge sufficient to obtain the Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport. This is important, as it opens the doors to greater employment prospects, as well as providing your services outside of Poland – in all member countries of the European Union.
As a graduate of Vistula University, you will be exempt from the entire national examination for the Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport.
You will be able to receive the certificate, after applying to the Motor Transport Institute in Warsaw, and after a payment of PLN 300.
CAREER AFTER STUDIES
As a graduate of this programme, you will have the skills necessary to:
- Operate your own road transport business.
- Manage a road transport company.
- Work in the road transportation of goods and people outside of Poland.
- Head of the forwarding department
- Transport manager
- International transport co-ordinator
Learn more about how to apply for the post-graduate programme, and join us as a student at Vistula University!
The curriculum is up to date with the latest Union professional requirements for road carriers. By choosing this programme, you can be sure that you will be equipped with the tools that will help you effortlessly navigate this sector.
Post-graduate programme admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’, so, if you want to develop a career in the road transport sector, apply today!
Marcin Rychter, ScD
Marcin is a graduate of the Lublin University of Technology. He was a doctoral student and assistant at the Institute of Combustion Engines and Transport of the Faculty of Machines and Transport of the Poznań University of Technology. He holds the title of Doctor of Science in machine construction and operation, and combustion engines. He is a graduate of programmes in management at the Poznań School of Banking, commercialisation of science and technology at the University of Łódź, and the University of Texas in Austin at the post-graduate level. He has also collaborated with the Faculty of Foundry Engineering of the AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków.
- He has collaborated with the University of Economics and Innovation in Lublin, and the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw.
- He organises training sessions on digital tachograph systems and on-board diagnostic systems (OBD II/EOBD).
- He has authored more than 200 publications and 4 books on various aspects of transport, which have been published, both in Poland and abroad.
- He is a former member of EU-MIDT (Monitoring of the Implementation of Digital Tachograph), as well as a participant of many congresses of the CORTE organisation, supervising the implementation of digital tachograph systems in Europe.
- He is a member of the Polish Maintenance Society and the Polish Scientific Society of Combustion Engines.
- He is a committee expert on application assessment for the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development.
Vistula University post-graduate admissions are conducted on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’. Post-graduate candidates must submit the following documents:
- application form – download,
- BA or MA programme diploma or copy,
- Identity card copy (the original for verification),
- 1 photograph (37×52 mm),
- Advance confirmation of payment.
The entire cost of tuition is: PLN 4,700
The tuition can be paid in a single instalment, or two instalments, one for each semester:
- PLN 2,350 – 1st instalment to be paid before the start of the academic year.
- PLN 2,350 – 2nd instalment to be paid before the start of the 2nd semester.
We offer a 10% discount for students who pay in a single instalment.
An advance on the tuition fee of PLN 200 must be paid before the 30th of September, 2017.
Santander Bank Polska – 61 1090 1694 0000 0001 1105 7177
Regulations of Postgraduate studiesDownload