Computer Engineering - Master of Engineering degree
Master`s Degree Programs
1.5 year (3 semesters)
Language of studies:
The Master’s programme in Computer Engineering at Vistula University is your opportunity to gain expert knowledge and start a career in the IT sector. If you choose this programme, you will discover the applications of advanced wireless technologies in organisations, and learn how to design mobile applications for various companies and their products. In addition, graduating with a Master’s degree will open the doors to managerial positions in the industry.
This programme is ideal for all STEM graduates, who would like to expand their knowledge of computer engineering, and gain new skills.
The Master’s programme will teach you optimisation and the R language. You will learn how to use the knowledge of algorithms, applicable to problems in wireless network and mobile device software design. You will gain new competencies related to profitability assessment and project management.Thanks to Microsoft’s DreamSpark, Oracle’s OAI and CISCO’s Local Academy education programmes, you will become adept at applying theoretical knowledge to real-world problems. As a Master of Computer Engineering, you will also boast the mastery of design and development tools.
If you want to apply for the Computer Engineering Master’s programme, you must be a holder of a BS diploma (in computer engineering or related fields, e.g. telecommunications or electronics). You will be asked to present this diploma.
The Faculty of Engineering ( Institute of Computer Science ) organizes monthly cyclical meetings – Scientific Seminars, where there is an opportunity to hear and actively participating in cooperation of research in the field of computer science and its applications in some other fields.
The Master’s programme in Computer Engineering will significantly expand the knowledge you have gained in the Bachelor’s programme. The programme will teach you how to design wireless networks and mobile applications. You will acquire the skills that will enable you to manage projects, and lead your own IT teams. See the entire curriculum, and find out how much more you can learn!
Vistula University offers practical knowledge, shared by experts and reputable specialists. We believe that experience and the ability to utilise theoretical knowledge is the key to success. This is why the computer engineering programme (Master’s level) includes internships. These will help you solidify your knowledge, and become a confident specialist. Furthermore, you will also have the valuable opportunity to network.
Studying at Vistula University will provide you with the knowledge necessary, to quickly become an expert in computer engineering.
List of obligatory classes
- Advanced statistical calculations in R
- Software engineering design templates
- ICT networks
- Select applications of discrete optimisation
- Wireless and mobile systems safety
- Neural networks and deep learning in machine learning
- Introduction to enterprise and project management
- Humanities course: Professional ethics in business
- MA seminar
- Physical education
- Foreign languages
List of elective courses
- ICT systems modelling
- Graph theory applications
- Mobile device operating systems
- Numerical methods applications
- Designing wireless network infrastructure
- Data analysis and pattern recognition methods
- Multi-agent systems
- Expert systems
- Mobile multi-robot systems
- Computer image vision, processing, and recognition
- Computer sound processing
The Master’s programme in Computer Engineering is tailored to market needs, and enables you to gain the knowledge of the particular field that interests you. It offers two sub-majors: design and application of wireless networks, and design and application of mobile applications.
SUB-MAJOR: DESIGN AND APPLICATION OF WIRELESS NETWORKS
This sub-major will prepare you to plan and predict the development of wireless networks, and to maintain and develop this infrastructure in organisations. You will master developing ICT and wireless solutions for companies providing telecommunication services. You will learn best practices in communicating with providers and contractors, regarding building and developing wireless networks, as well as supervising and verifying customer systems.
You will become adept at designing protocols, along with managing energy and other resources. All this under the assumption of systemic fallibility and low reliability of individual devices. You will be able to include co-operation algorithms in distributed systems, as well as security and data exchange reliability systems in hostile environments.
List of classes in the design and application of wireless networks sub-major
- Introduction to micro-processor systems
- Software design of microprocessor systems
- Specifications and simulation of communication protocols
- Applications of sensor networks
SUB-MAJOR: DESIGN AND APPLICATION OF MOBILE APPLICATIONS
This sub-major will enable you to gain the skills used in programming, and mobile applications design for the most popular mobile operating systems: Android, Windows Phone and iOS. This means that you will become an expert on the architecture and API of basic mobile platforms. In addition, you will learn:
- mobile device localisation techniques,
- principles of system and database construction for mobile platforms,
- website design technologies for mobile devices,
- Adaptive UI technologies,
- technologies for integrating applications with the computing cloud,
- principles of software design frameworks for mobile devices,
- applications of mobile systems.
List of classes in the design and application of mobile applications sub-major
- Introduction to the design of mobile applications
- Architectural patterns websites for mobile devices
- Designing graphical interfaces for mobile applications
- Mobile application testing
dr inż. Elżbieta Kopciuszewska
Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, author of over 90 publications.
prof. Hans-Dieter Burkhard
Was the leader of the AI group at Humboldt University Berlin until his retirement.
Was awarded as ECCAI fellow in 2002. Vice President Europe of the International RoboCup-Federation 2004-2008. Multiple world champion in RoboCup championships.
dr Piotr Krajewski
dr Grzegorz Słowiński
THE BEST IN PRACTICE
Vistula University offers a sensible computer engineering programme. Its graduates become experts in their chosen sub-fields and easily find employment. All this thanks to our courses, taught by renowned practitioners and experienced academics. The Master’s programme will also teach you how to manage projects, enabling you to apply for specialised and managerial positions in companies.
After graduating, you will hold the title of ‘Master of Computer Engineering’.
See for yourself that Vistula is the best University in practice. Find out the benefits of studying Computer Engineering.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Interesting sub-majors enable you to become an expert in your chosen field. By choosing to expand your knowledge of wireless networks, you will learn how to apply this technology in every organisation. The mobile applications sub-major, on the other hand, will teach you how to design apps for the most popular operating systems.
Advancing your career
The Master’s programme at Vistula University will not only expand your knowledge, but prepare you to lead your own IT projects, as well. This will make obtaining an attractive position in your chosen field a real possibility.
Learning how to think, synthetically and analytically, is of tremendous importance in programming. By combining these skills with expert knowledge, you will be able to quickly solve any problems you encounter. You will become a prized specialist, one that is invaluable to every company in the industry.
Graduating with a degree in Computer Engineering will open the doors to various interesting careers in:
- Medicine (e.g. remote patient condition monitoring: Health Insurance Portability),
- Military technology,
- Environmental protection and safety (using wireless detectors of pollution, pressure, smoke, noise, etc.)
- Various modern industrial plants (fast control and measurement data transmission from hard-to-reach places),
- Researching, protecting, and monitoring the natural environment (e.g. monitoring animal species migration),
- Developing and implementing advanced wireless network and automation solutions for smart buildings (wireless systems for controlling lighting, shutters, heating, motion detection, malfunctions, etc.),
- Property protection, road and air traffic control (e.g. unmanned flying systems),
- Social and entertainment network support,
- Net-centric systems,
- Vehicle communication (communication technologies: V2V – Vehicle-to-Vehicle, V2I – Vehicle-to-Infrastructure).
Tuition fee for full-time and part-time studies (including mobile studies) (BA/MA) in Polish – students from outside the EU
Registration fee Tuition fee (per year) Tuition fee (per semester) Full-time and part-time studies 120 € 1 750 € 925 €
Tuition fee for full-time studies (BA/MA) in English – EU citizens*
Registration fee Tuition fee (per year) Tuition fee (per semester) Full-time studies 120 € 2 500 € 1 350 €
*The group of citizens of other countries paying the same fees as EU citizens includes: citizens of other European countries, of all countries in the North and South America, the Caribbean as well as citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Tuition fee for full-time studies (BA/MA) in English – citizens from outside the EU*
Registration fee Tuition fee (per year) Full-time studies 200 € 3 800 €
*This does not apply to the students from the countries in Europe which are not EU members, students from North and South America, the Caribbean and from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Resolution of Executive Board about the feesDownload
Director of International Marketing and Recruitment
tel. +48 501 294 962
(cooperation with recruitment agencies and institutions)
International Admission Coordinator
tel.: +48 502 603 174
(cooperation with recruitment agencies)